WABA Special Awards
In addition to placements for the final style categories, the Washington Brewers Awards will provide some special awards in a few other areas. Special recognition will be provided to:
- Breweries of the Year: Awarded to breweries who win recognition in multiple style categories. Each medal earned by a brewery will contribute points towards their Brewery of the Year total as a function of place (Gold, Silver, and Bronze). Brewery of the Year awards will be awarded to different brewery classes as a function of their annual production volumes.
- Large Brewery of the Year Sponsored by Briess Malt and Ingredients
- Mid-Sized Brewery of the Year Sponsored by YCH Hops, Yakima Chief-Hopunion
- Small Brewery of the Year Sponsored by Washington Hops Commission
- Very Small Brewery of the Year Sponsored by Crosby Hops
- Washington Pro-Am Special Awards: Awarded to best beers that were scaled up from Washington homebrewer recipes and produced for commercial production by a Washington brewery. (Special Award Rules)
- Washington Collaboration Special Awards: Awarded to best beers that were created by a collaborative process with another brewery. (Special Award Rules)
- Fresh Hop Competition: The 2021 Fresh Hop Competition was deferred in order to hold the main Washington Beer Awards. The timing allows for fresh hop beers to be entered into the Fresh Hop Beer style category.